Presenting "SistrunKollective" and "Tiktin Events," under the umbrella of Channelled Productions, LLC.
Joshua Tiktin, President
Joshua Tiktin graduated with an art degree from the University of Maryland, which is ranked #11 public university in the USA by Forbes Magazine. Tiktin believes that an artist can utilize their creativity to become the most successful type of business person. "Since artists are creative, they can utilize that ability to forge innovative pathways towards success," Joshua states.
Here are some highlights of Tiktin's ARTrepreneurial accomplishments:
- Co-opened one of the first art galleries in Wynwood, called “Yosoy Gallery” (2004), which helped pioneer the world-renowned art district
- Created “The 72 Names of God” artwork in 2001. This ground-breaking project depicts an ancient bible code in a graffiti style. 1,000's of prints, posters, and originals have sold internationally. The work was featured in Elle Magazine and in the Miami New Times in June 2002, and is owned by several celebrities (including Madonna).
- Opened “DEKKA”, a fashion, art, and music Co-op in Washington, DC in 2007 (and another one in Hallandale in 2011). Crowds flooded the streets and blocked traffic during the grand opening, and within six months DEKKA expanded to the 2nd floor with its 40+ members. It was written up in: The Washington Post (front page of the business section), The Washingtonian, The City Paper, DC Modern Luxury, On Tap, The Gazette (front page), and dozens of other newspapers and blogs. It was voted runner up "Best Boutique" in Washington, D.C. in its first year of business by the Washington City Paper
- Sold 300 original artworks to visitors from around the globe during Obama’s inauguration weekend in 2008 (vinyl record art with Obama’s portrait spray-painted on it). The work was featured in Nylon Magazine.
- Had an artwork hang in the White House from 2009-2011.
- Opened “Dekkagon” in Flagler Village, which consisted of artist and music studios, a boutique, and an art gallery.
- Tiktin's "DJ 10TIKLZ, The Dekkapuss" mural was featured on the cover of the Sun Sentinel’s “Showtime” magazine (July 2015).
- A founding member of the MASS District.
- Performed in front of a live audience of 5,000, a TV audience of 10 million, and celebrity judges on America's Got Talent.
- Wrote, directed, produced, and starred in "Nuttin' Butta Sandwich, the Musical."
- Wrote and published the sci-fi/fantasy novel "Nuttin' Butta Sandwich and the Ten Condiments" as J. D. Tiktin (available on Amazon and at the SistrunKollective boutique).
- Played the lead role in the musical theater show "Who Killed the Boss," which hosted sold out shows for two months at the Coral Springs Performing Art Center.
- Performed his original songs at festivals such as Ultra, Electric Forest Festival, Baltimore Music Coference, and Earth Dance and dozens of venues such as Billboard Live and the University of Miami.
- DJ'd (vinyl) as a resident at clubs in Washington, DC, Atlanta, and Miami and opened for Bad Boy Bill at the Outerlimits Rave in Atlanta (attended by 1500).
- International DJ tour to Zurich, Amsterdam, and ST. Moritz.
- Emcee'd about 100 private events professionally for Contagious Entertainment (ATL) and Rhythm of the Night Entertainment (MIA).
- Taught dance at Fred Astaire and Arthur Murray dance studio's (over 10 styles in latin, ballroom, and swing).
- Painted live in front of 50,000+ at Electric Forest Festival and 20,000 + at Okeechobee Music Festival.
- Produced 100's of events in South Florida, Atlanta, GA., and Washington, DC since 1997. Some of his most recent event productions include the Wynwood Walk Art Basel 2018, The Flagler Village Artwalk, the Sailboat Bend Arts Market, The Flagler Village Block Party Weekend, the 13th Street Beer and Wine Festival and the Sailboat Bend Art Festival.
If you have any questions, comments, inquiries or opportunities that you would like to direct towards Josh, please make contact HERE